LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pawan Joshi (Partner)     12 June 2015

Validity of self attestation

In a Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission form it is required to submit attested documents from competant authority.

The latest legal position as per my knowledge, self attestation is valid and you are not required to get it attested from a Gazetted Officer.

Am I right? If yes can I quote any legal reference and notification for the same.

Thanks

Learning

5 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     12 June 2015

There may be initital teething problems.  When it is stated that it should be attested by Authorised official, it should be complied.   Do not take risk for children and their career.

(Guest)

well said by expert above..

Rahul Verma (Data Entry Operator)     06 November 2015

Then what is the use of Government's letter no.
K-11022/67/2012-AR dated 13.2.2013? I have seen long queues of applicants(seeking for attestation of document or photographs) infront of Medical officers of Govt hospitals 

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     06 November 2015

I suggest that some one should first file complaint on specific instances to competent authority and make a follow up with RTI application seeking information on action taken on complaint.

(Some one should submit self attested documents, and authorities must written them and then it should be structured as complaint.  But, complainant should see that he should not suffer due to the lapse)

Rahul Verma (Data Entry Operator)     07 November 2015

HTET Haryana exam is on 15th Nov. They have asked the candidates to get their admit cards attested from Gazetted officers. I called the haryana school education board to let them know about the new rules regarding self attestation.

I also told them regarding Chief Secretary Haryana's notification number 62/09/2010-6GS1.

All they said is "We know the rules better. If you are uncomfortable then go and take exam in Modi's office. Don't apply here" and they disconnected.

Even Chief Secretary to Haryana Govt is not interested in the matter. He is not even aware of the letter sent from his own office to Boards across the state. Its on their website.

Where can I file the complaint against them? Though i have got the document attested, I want them to comply with new rules in future.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register