Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nishant Vyas (BD-Manager)     09 October 2014

Urgently requre help!!

Dear All,

I, Nishant Vyas, working with my firm for last 7 months as Manager BD at regional office based in Gandhinagar. On one fine morning the Regional Head has resigned (or asked to leave)! Kindly note that I joined this firm due to my location preferences (proximity to my home town). Now HR is asking me to relocate to their Head Office based in Hyderabad as there is no one else to lead- practically they are shutting down the operation in regional office.

They have provided 3 options to me:

Option 1:you shall be transferred to Hyderabad office with immediate effect and shall work for 2 years, however  you have shown your  reluctance to this option

Option 2: In case if you  wish  to resign   from the Company  you  shall be working  from  Hyderabad office during your notice  period of 2 months  and shall be eligible for  all the allowance as per the Company Policy.  

Option 3: if  any one of the above  two options  are  not agreeable  please treat this friday i.e 10th  September , 2014  as  last working date and we shall terminate your employment contract .

Can employer ask you to relocate for notice period??

I just receive the employment letter from the employer and I have not signed any contract agreement with them. They have just mentioned in the employment letter following line:"A full employment contract including the terms and conditions you will be employed under is being prepared for your perusal and acceptance. However, you may please consider this as the confirmation of your employment with XYZ".

kindly advise over it !

My preferences:

Option-1- Don't want to relocate

Option-2- Fulfill my notice period time in Gandhinagar office as if i relocate just for the notice period at my own expense it would be impossible to attend any of the local interview during this time in Ahmedabad-Gandhinagar (as relocation is in Hyderabad)

Option-3- If they are teminating the contract than they should have provided atleast 2 month pay which can provide some breathing time

Best Regards,

Nishant

Learning

3 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     09 October 2014

Has the company issued all of these three options in writing?

If company is resorting to verbal communications; then have you recorded the  calls/meetings (audio/visual or by minutes of meeting)?

Has the company paid you the earned wages on usual pay day?

Has the company issued transfer order in writing?

Has the company stated right to transfer and notice period/notice pay in lieu of notice period in so called employment letter?

Has the company stated notice period/ notice pay in lieu of notice period in employment letter?

Did you accept the employment letter in writing?

Has the company stated in employment letter that service conditions shall be governed by HR policy/Service Rules and Regulations…………………………etc………………………and did the company supply these alongwith employment letter?

Has the company issued appointment letter/contract of employment to you?

What is in your hands:  employment letter or appointment letter/contract of employment?

Dr. Rajesh Kumar Dhull (Professor)     09 October 2014

Dear Sir

I am working with a private engineering college affiliated with kurukshetra University and AICTE New Delhi. I am a regular employee of this college from 6.4 years. Now the management is closing the institute and relieving me forcibly with out paying my dues and compensation. please help the needy

Dr. Rajesh Kumar

Kumar Doab (FIN)     10 October 2014

Approach authorities in Univ, AICTE, as per state education act also Teachers asssc and a lawyer.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register