LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

lawagaintmen (xyz)     17 July 2014

Urgent help required- mcd divorce

hello expert....

i have a mutual divorce date coming up and i dont want to give divorce to my wife what if i dont go to attend a date? judge will pass order against me? or is it a court of contempt? please help me is it legal can i skip the date?


 6 Replies

stanley (Freedom)     17 July 2014

in the first place have you signed on the mutual consent divorce petition which you have not stated if so no problem but why did you accept for mutual consent divorce initially  .Attend the court date and state to the judge that you dont wont to give divorce . Its as simple as that and than she has to file for contested divorce and you can contest the case .

lawagaintmen (xyz)     17 July 2014

yes i have signed the papers but i dont want to attend this date can i skip it. is it illegal

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     17 July 2014

after submitting the signed papers to the court that is 1st motion and court will give you six months time to reconsile or appear and take divorce and if you have any second thought of reconsile then you both or any one can take time saying you to to save your marriage and the whole process has to complete within 18 months 

no problem you can take time and why you dont want divorce 

lawagaintmen (xyz)     17 July 2014

Sir our first motion was done 1.4 yr back now i have a date for second motion and if i skip this date our mcd 18 months period will be over. I just dont want a divorce now i m just worried what if i dont go on this date? Second motion date? What will happen can i take this step? Please help me

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     17 July 2014

if you or other party does not appear then the petition will be dismissed and again you have reapply a fresh for MCD and even if you are not appearing the court may dismiss or give another date which is near and it is better to appear in the court and say that you are not interest in divorce and you want to reconsile 

Deenupriya (--)     10 August 2014

If your case is of Delhi talk to Adv SOPHIYA (9718983434) she is the best lawyer for Matrimonial Disputes. She is having good convincing power and knowledge.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads