LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SATEESH. D (HEAD -PROJECTS)     02 December 2011

Unregistered development deed

I have purchased a Flat in a apartment, where in the land owner is the daughter of the Builder who has developed / constructed this apartment. Between the father (builder) and daughter (land owner) they executed a  DEVELOPMENT AGREEMENT CUM GENERAL POWER OF ATTORNEY, which was not registered, may be to save the stamp duty of the Governement.  With this back ground I approached the CPDCL for my electricity meter name change (from the construction company name to my name). CPDCL asked me to submit the DEVELOPMENT AGREEMENT since the land is owned by somebody and the building was built by someone else. Since this is not a registered document (though it is in Rs.100/-Stamp paper), they declined to accept this. Now what will be our fate to get our electricity meter on our name.  Can you please help not only me but for all the dwellers in this apartment (26 of them) to get past this issue?

Learning

1 Replies

Vakeel Civil Court (Director)     02 December 2011

Who executed your sale deed. CPDCL should be satisfied with the sale deed in your name. Attach your sale deed copy to the application for name change along with property tax receipt/assessment from the municipality.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register