LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Hema   10 March 2016

Transfer of sole proprietor ownership

Can a sole proprietor who is running a business for the last 25 to 30 years and wants to discontinue the business in his name, transfer it as a running concern to one of his relatives and can the other person carry on the business in its present form (all other assets and liabilities remaining the same, just change of Sole proprietor) and what are the income tax implications

Learning

2 Replies

Jatin Mittal (Corporate Lawyer)     15 March 2016

Hi Hema, Yes, a business can be transferred on a going concern basis by way of a business transfer agreement or a slump sale agreement. In terms of income tax implications, it would be applicable on the sale of business. You may contact me for handling your transaction from the legal perscpective. Contact me at mittaljets@gmail.com.

Jatin Mittal (Corporate Lawyer)     15 March 2016

Hi Hema, Yes, a business can be transferred on a going concern basis by way of a business transfer agreement or a slump sale agreement. In terms of income tax implications, it would be applicable on the sale of business. You may contact me for handling your transaction from the legal perspective. Contact me at mittaljets@gmail.com.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register