Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shanti (Secretary)     26 January 2016

Transfer of property through conveyance

Greetings!

I have a property-related predicament and need some expert advice. My grandfather's property has been transferred to my parents as their next kin. This process is complete. Now our parents are trying to transfer it to us (add our names in the property card). One of our neighbors has submitted a claim that our grandfather sold him the property through conveyance and that his name should be added on the property card. The whole thing sounds fishy to us. This neigbor has not produced any evidence in the form of a sale agreement and has asked the officers at the property registration office to find his application from years ago.

Is his claim even worth looking into? My grandfather passed away 20 years ago and the property is already transferred to my parents. If his claim is worth entertaining, what proof of evidence should we seek?

Kindly advise.

Thank you,
Shanthi

Learning

3 Replies

adv.raghavan (Advocate,9444674980)     26 January 2016

It is not better to ask for proof, it is there headache to prove the same and the onus is on them to prove the so called transaction , do not take the onus of disputing the document as the onus shifts. Any letter to concerned jurisdiction register office is not valid ,it will be considered as another piece of paper. so forget it and carry on with your work. 

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     26 January 2016

Good advise by Mr. Raghavan R.S. My suggestion also is same.

b.goheel   28 January 2016

agreed with seniors.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register