LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sujal A   11 June 2024

Transfer charges

Respected Lawyers

I and my 3 friends are renting out a flat for residential purposes, now after all the agreements have been done and finalized the owner of the flat is asking us to pay the Shifting Charges, my query is who is eligible to pay the shifting charges? Also, our agreement has a clause "14. Registration: This Agreement is to be registered and the expenditure of Stamp duty and registration fees and incidental charges, if any, shall be borne by the Licensee and Licensor equally." 

Licensed Premises is/are desirous of giving the premises on a Leave and License basis under Section 24 of the Maharashtra Rent Control Act, 1999.




 3 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     11 June 2024

There is no question of the landlord demanding shifting charges from tenant. 

You can refuse to pay the shifting charges 

The agreement should be executed by a registered deed only. 

Sujal A   12 June 2024


The attached file is the message that the owner has received from the society, and the owner is asking us to pay the shifting charges.



Attached File : 1050724 20240612112241 flat.jpg downloaded: 3 times

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     17 June 2024

The society is neither the law enforcing agency nor a law maker,  you can protest and take legal action against the society,  once they are dragged to cooperative court for relief,  the society cannot maintain their unjustified claims. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register