LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ashim   11 July 2016

Traffic challan

I was challaned by Traffic Police at Dwarka (intersection of road nos. 224 & 201). The police confiscated my D/L citing Supreme Court ruling for such violations and posted the case at Dwarka Court for necessary disposal. What are my chances of getting relief from court being a govt servant and due to mitigating circumstances such as presence of a big bus ahead of me which hid the traffic lights and the timer was not fuctional on that day. Does the court listen to the plea of the defendent in such cases ?


 2 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     12 July 2016

It depends on the gravity of the facts and facts mentioned by police in the charge sheet .  First get the CCTV footage of that area, at that date and time, to substantiate your volations.  You know yourself if you have violated the rules, and if CCTV establishes that you can not escape.

Gagan Kumar (Lawyer)     14 July 2016

Hi Ashim,

Forum discussion may not give you concrete solution. You need to consult a lawyer over the phone or need a face to face consultancy. If interested you can contact GK & Advocates Law Firm ( It will save your time too.


Gagan Kumar

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register