LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Tarun (student)     17 November 2016

Token money

I have given token amount to an agent via cheque for a flat worth rs 50000 for a property in panvel( Navi Mumbai)..The owner is from UAE..I cancelled the deal within 3 days of giving token money by intimating over WhatsApp chat .. however No MOU was signed for the same regarding payments schedule ..( however discussion were made on WhatsApp and Skype) I am asking for refund for the same after deducting some reasonable amount..owner refused to pay any amount back said that as deal was cancelled from my( buyer) side hence no refund is applicable.. token money will be forfeited Can I file FIR or give legal notice to agent as I don't have owner address.. Please guide me..

Learning

1 Replies

Rajan   18 November 2016

A token is a promise from your side that a deal is done and a responsibility on the seller that he shdnt offer the property to anyone. So on this ground the buyer will lose if he doesn't keep the deal unless the propeery has legal issues. What is the reason u called it off? U can't file an FIR on someone because u dint keep the deal. Unless u have it in written that u have the right to call the deal off at any time.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register