LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Deepak Kumar Vasudevan ((Confidential))     07 April 2010

To claim gratuity


My employer has sent me a form by email to fill out and submit by hardcopy affixing with a one rupee revenue stamp. If currently abroad I am  not sure how to go about the same?

Can some one advise please?

Thanks and Regards,

Deepak Vasudevan


 5 Replies

Sarjooram Sharma (Assistant Labour commissioner)     07 April 2010

It may be form I which is filled by employee and submitted to the employer for gratuity. I will send you the payment of Gratuity Act 1972 and rules, forms thereof so that you may go through it and be ensured.

Attached File : 42 42 payment of gratuity act.doc downloaded: 200 times

Deepak Kumar Vasudevan ((Confidential))     08 April 2010

Thanks Sharma. I believe it needs to be sent in hardcopy with a 1 Rupee Revenue Stamp, I believe, as per my employer.

I am currently overseas. Can you guide me how to  proceed in that case?

Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     08 April 2010

You can send a requisition to credit the gratuity amount in your bank account, as an alternative.

Sarjooram Sharma (Assistant Labour commissioner)     08 April 2010

 so for as Form I is concerned it is ok. but before getting money, sending receipt i think it is not feasible

Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     08 April 2010

Thank you sir.for your guidance on the statutory requirements.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register