Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vasanthraj (Team Leader)     11 December 2014

Tneb lines over property

Dear Advocates,

I have a vacant plot of land  of  4 cents in Coimbatore, tamilnadu through a resale in a panchayat approved layout, which i purchased about 4 years ago. The layout per se is old and is developed in 1990's. The problem is , when i purchased the land there were about two electric poles carrying power to agricultural lands, adjacent to my plot and also slightly over the plot. Now when I visited the property, the poles have slanted due to rains and almost 2/3 of my property is now under these lines.

When contacted the EB dept, the Engineer is saying its expensive to shift and also saying they cannot move these poles as they carry power to agriculture. Now I am stuck as i want to build a house and cannot do it with lines above.

I read that in a similar case, madras HC has dismissed a writ appeal filed by the TNEB challenging an order passed by a single judge  to remove the electric poles from a private land at Alangaperi in Tirunelveli district without insisting on payment of expenses.

I know this can be settled outside litigation as it is time consuming, but I don't have any contacts who can help me in coimbatore as I am in Chennai.

Any advocates who has contacts in TNEB  to settle this preferably outside the litigation are welcome to contact me for a discussion and process. Thanks

Regards,

Vasanthraj

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register