LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Curious Sam (Self)     27 May 2012

Threats of bodily harm

I am embroiled in a property dispute with a family member.  First, he slapped false 138 cases against me to pressurize me into withdrawing the legitimate property case. Now, not only he is threatening, over the phone, to harm me and my immediate family but also some elders in the family who are on my side.  I even managed to tape record one of his phone calls in which recording he clearly says that either I withdraw the property case or he will have us harmed physically.  What can I do with the recording - Can it be used as evidence?

Learning

6 Replies

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     27 May 2012

Take it to the police station and file a case of criminal intimidation against him.

Archana Jee,

Kindly give some details as to how a case of criminal initmidation can be filed at a Police Station.

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     27 May 2012

Go to the police station and tell them what happened, they will record your complaint and shall give you a copy. 

Archana Jee,

Then, will there be at least a warning to him? Otherwise, he may still be foolish to carry out his threat.

Archana Jee,

Then, will there be at least a warning to him? Otherwise, he may still be foolish to carry out his threat. Also, I have already sent a complaint along with the recording, by email - will that help?

Democratic Indian (n/a)     27 May 2012

Do exactly as Advocate Archana has said. But do remember if someone is not issuing empty or foolish threats and is foolhardily determined to harm you or your family members, then he may do so regardless as to whom you complaint. Therefore you and your family members also take adequate precautions and measures for self defense. Since there is no legal substitute to the human right of self defense, that is why there exist Sections 96 to 106 IPC.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register