LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

kanayo c p (owner)     24 March 2013

Terrace issue

I have purchased in Jan. 13, one office unit  with attached terrace, on 3rd floor of 6 storey building, in resale. First purchaser purchased  from Builder in 1994 and registered documents in 1996. The Society was formed in 2009.  The society has taken over the terrace area and locked it and says it has become society's property by virtue of MOFA, as the builder is not allowed to sell terrace or open spaces.  The terrace with water line etc. is above 6th floor.  The terrace attached to the office is on 3rd floor, which has no water or electrical lines of common use. 

My question is whether society is authorised to do so?  Please guide me.  If not what are the remedial steps to be taken by me. Appreciate your guidance.

Thanks

Kanayo.

Learning

2 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     24 March 2013

The  agreement between builder and society to be followed. Or The terms & conditions to be followed between society and flat owner( member) to be followed.

kanayo c p (owner)     24 March 2013

Tks for reply.  But my question still remains. 

The original agreement of builder with seller says "Unit with attached terrace" and my agreement from that first buyer also says "Unit with attached terrace".  Therefore, has Society any right to take the terrace in their possession?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register