Negotiable Instruments: Exhaustive Coverage by Adv Roma Bhagat. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SAIKAT KR. Chatterjee   13 September 2023

Termination of electricity by secretary cooperative housing society

I am 999 sub lessee of a Co-operative flat, residing for the last 25 years, expelled twice, for default in maintenance payment, state government approved 2nd expulsion, without any opportunity of being heard before the housing Cooperative society and RCS, thereafter society directed me to vacate the flat and disconnected electricity, it is 214 days now I am living with my family in the flat without power supply, went to police, state administration, Co-operation Department, high court, no relief. I have survived three heat waves and unbearable humidity. Leading a compromised life, son unable to come home.


 5 Replies

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     13 September 2023

Your lease agreement shall be deciding your terms and both parties are bound by that

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     14 September 2023

what is the provision of society consitution.

P. Venu (Advocate)     14 September 2023

The due process requires that having been expelled, you are liable to be evicted through the due process of law. However, it is unlawful that you have been denied basic amenities.

As to the unsuccessful remedies pursued, no meaningful suggestion is possible unless the Orders/Judgments are perused and issues discussed.


Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     17 September 2023

Did you have a power connection in you name or in the name of anyone in your family from the power supply authority such as an electricity board ? If so, only they can disconnect your power supply. You can ask them to give power supply. If you have not complied with any of the requirement of the electricity board such as non-payment of their bill, you can comply with that. If still they do not give you connection you can go to the consumer court.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     20 September 2023

ho was suppying electricity to you.  The electricity deptt or the society. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register