Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

RADHIKA BANGALORE (MANAGER)     25 October 2016

Termination from sbi during probation

Dear Expert /Schloar Members,

This query I am posting on behalf of my spouse and request you all to please guide.

We have already filed Writ Petion in honorable high court of karnataka  and since last three months we are waiting for preliminary hearing date.

Please find the case zest as below: 

As per the SBI PO confirmation policy

.             First confirmation test will be conducted after 18 months of probation.

.       Probation period of POs/TOs who fail in the confirmation test will be

extended by six months and candidates will write the second test to be

conducted within six months of first test.   

For confirmation in JMGS 1, qualifying marks in the written test will be 50% (45% for SC, ST and PWD).

Those scoring less than 75% marks but minimum 50% marks in the written test shall be confirmed in the grade of JMGS-I. Whereas candidates scoring less than 50% marks will be given options as under-

Candidates will be required to appear in another confirmation test on or before completion of 24th month of his/her probation and in the event of not qualifying in the re-test, his/her services will be terminated with immediate effect and he/she will be paid one month’s emoluments in lieu of one month’s notice in terms of Rule 16(3) of SBI Officer’s Service Rules read with the present policy of confirmation of probationary Officers as applicable hitherto.

There was another circular as well for grace marks ( total 9 marks ) which is as below :

To encourage new joinees PO competent authority has decided to give 9 additional grace marks in confirmation test .

Candidates are required to complete these certifications during their probation period which is for two years.

AMFI certification ( 3 marks ) conducted by SEBI

CIF certification ( 3 marks )  Conducted by IRDA

SP certification ( 3 marks)   Conducted by IRDA.

I am providing chronological order of events happened in our case.

1.Date of joining in organisation : 9/12/2013

2.Letter Date of Termination from services: 1/6/2016. Receving,acknowledged Date : 6/6/2016.

3.First confirmation took place on 15/5 /2015( secured less than 50 % )

4.2nd confirmation test on  23/5/2016 ( Delay of  104 days as per probation policy )

5.No probation extension letter / email/ fax was served.

6.other bathmates 2nd test was held on due time i.e on completion of 24 months in month of january 2016.

7. Before Second confirmation test 2 certifications ( carries 6 marks was completed )

8. On 25th may 2016 results came without giving score card .

9. upon telephonic enquiry from management came to know about score which was 91 .83 there was huge gap in objective paper marks and subjective paper marks.

Subjective scored 73 & objective secured only 18 marks ( Negative marking @ 25% was introduced first time in my batch )

Total marks as per organisation : 73+ 18+ 6 grace marks ( 2 certification )= 97 marks

Upon knowing that I was failing for 3 marks I applied for 3rd certification on 27/5/2016 .

SEBI gave date on 10th june 2016 which I completed in 1 st attempt.

From the duration of 24/5/2016 till 6/6/2016 I gave various represenations to management , chairman ,union , GM , HR but no one acknowledged and gave deaf year to my plea.

I was served termination before I could complete my certification i.e on 10th june 2016.

Termination letter as below :

Letter  dated 1.06.2016 informed it has not been deemed fit to confirm him in the service of the bank and consequently  you are discharged from the service of the bank in terms of Rules 16(3) of the SBI Officers Service Rules with immediate effect.  the amount of one month emoluments in lieu of one month notice payable to the petitioner in terms of Rule 16(3)(a) of the SBI Service Rules will be paid to him separately.

That Rule 16(3) of the SBI Officers Service Rules, 1992 under which I  was discharged from service reads as follows-

Rule 16(3)Where during the period of probation, including the period of extension, if any, the competent authority is of the opinion that the officer is not fit for confirmation:-

1. in the case of a direct appointee, his services may be terminated by one month’s notice or payment of one month’s emoluments in lieu thereof, .

Please note I was never given any probation extension letter and my salary was settled in parts till  from 7/6/2016 to 25-6-2016  which falls later than my certication completion date.

why bank didnt wait till I could comlete my 3 rd certification which was merely 4 days away.

We are being harassed as well as keeping lein mark on our bank account towards some recovery amount.

In other job interviews in lack of proper experience letter or due to termination from services other companies are unwilling to give job opportunity.

Multiple appreciation letters are there but they are of no use.

In recent change from this batch Bank has removed negative marking practise which was applicable in my case.In my case negative marking has played spoil sport only 18 marks and subjective carries 73 marks.

I request you all the learned members to advise us / guide us to fight against this injustice which has been done to us.

PLEASE HELP.

Learning

10 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     25 October 2016

Many of the  employees of SBI that were facing similary situation had filed cases.

Palak Modi had won the case. 

You may get in toucvh with them.

e.g;

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Termination-of-service-from-state-bank-of-india-42282.asp

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Re-Re-Termination-of-service-during-probation-46620.asp

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Terminated-by-sbi-am-i-eligible-for-ssc-cgl-and-upsc--136797.asp

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Termination-from-sbi-50118.asp

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/experts/termination-of-58-po-in-sbi--429771.asp

For your own matter your own counsel that has examined everything can guide you the best.

RADHIKA BANGALORE (MANAGER)     25 October 2016

Dear Sir,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Yes we are in touch of our legal counsel  and read your suggested thread.

Being new to legal battle we are facing really tough time.

Could you please tell me how important is probation extension letter.

& as certification exam was enrolled before termination & result of certification came after termination so how it is going to help us?

as the negative marking system has been recalled for upcoming batch isnt it arbitrary on their part ?

Request your kind sugession sir.

Rajan   26 October 2016

I think you shd have taken the three certifications for Grace Mark before the test. On one hand it shd have shown your interest to learn and on the other it could have given you that insurance. You have taken that certification after results have been published. So it's not being honored by the HR. Every one in Your batch has been judged by that test with negative marking. So it is even not impartial. That was the rule of the day for the test!! Unless you have been denied of any legal rights during the probation period which caused ur failure to pass or the management forced you to wait fr the third certification to be taken after second test in 24/05/2016 . It's not going to be that favorable. Having said this, maybe banking is not thing. You shd try to find what u really want to do rather than fight to get a job back that u lost because you failed a test. It's not worth the stress. Find the real you!!

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     26 October 2016

well advised             

RADHIKA BANGALORE (MANAGER)     26 October 2016

Dear Rajan Sir,

Thanks for your inputs.

Please find reply in line.

>The one certification which was not attained before the test was due to technological error .

Where the photo was blurred and admit ard was not generated.It was applied well within the time in month of Decemeber 2015.

I have email proof for that.

> Now the -ve marking recalling is done by management by pressure of union where they have admitted that due to -ve marking many po's flunked .We have that circular as well.

> Now the test which was conducted after 104 days without assigning reason to me where as I was duly called for one week training and later my admit card was not generated again and I was never informed in any way when I am supposed to take up my test where as my batchmates took up the test within 24 months time frame .

Any inputs In this case probation extension letter/ Intimation / Email would be given to me or not.

Please advise.

As I am reading your opinion as posible obejections which I am going to face .

Rajan   26 October 2016

Hello radhika!! 1.Do you have the date of application of the certification you missed due to tech error. Error happens but all tech errors are correctable . Do you have proof of tryin to correct that error immediately 2.did you raise this issue immediately when that tech error happened mention the date 3.did you get a response? 4.if yes or no/ and if u saw it unfavorable did you send a notice to the appellate authority immediately and before the test and ask for making necessary arrangements . 5. If no one responsed did move the court for the same immediately. 6. Is that the only time that you Cd take that certification ? I mean after the test result? Or you had opportunity to do it before?

sai narayana   26 October 2016

Brother on your contention point Extension without any official letter, you can ask to count regular service from the date you are supposed to undergo the test. Thant's it and you can't ask more than on this point. So forget about this for a wihile.

Second point, Negative marking, Is that mentioned explicitly during the examination or before the exam in call letter or in preamble to your question booklet. If not it's their flaw which you can encash it. Anyway you can plead in court on the leniency ground as the -ve marking system was not before and not after your batch, and also on the point of 3rd test.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     26 October 2016

You have already posted many pointers;

"Upon knowing that I was failing for 3 marks I applied for 3rd certification on 27/5/2016 .

SEBI gave date on 10th june 2016 which I completed in 1 st attempt."

"5.No probation extension letter / email/ fax was served.

6.other bathmates 2nd test was held on due time i.e on completion of 24 months in month of january 2016."

Youre own counsel specializing in service matters shall take care of these.

Hope you have handed over everything to your own counsel.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register