LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Udaya Bhaskar   14 May 2018

Tenant creating issues

Hi: I have a flat gave on rent and tenant has damaged property in terms of walls and few other things including ACs not functioning. As per contract tenant either repaint and repair for the damages or owner can repir and recover at the time of vacating. Tenant vacated and myself landlord got repaired and painted and deducted the expenses. Now Tenant is disputing stating he is not keen to pay and demanding me to refund entire deposit. What are landlord rights?

In adition, tenant suppose to honor 3month notice period however he vacated in one ore month. Can i have rights to recover 2 months notice period violation for rent?

thanks

Learning

2 Replies

Aswath G   14 May 2018

In your IT returns, if you filed tax on rent recived (as income)

You can take

1. repair and maintenace charges

2. detect one month rent as income loss from tenant (if you are <60 years) two moths for senior citizens

Aswath

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     14 May 2018

Minor repairs of the property could be undertaken by the tenant. However, for all major repairs requiring reimbursement, prior permission needs to be taken from the landlord in writing. So, a landlord has the right to be informed about necessary repairs being made to his or her property. As per law, the landlord is under obligation to keep the property in good and tenantable form. But the rent control act provides the provision for both parties to share the financial burden of the repairs.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register