LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SANJAY MISHRA (Assistant Manager Accounts)     27 August 2010

TDS

Sir, My Query is that If i have filed the I Qtr TDS return after that i know that i am not deducting the TDS from Party on one bill. In month of August I deposit the TDS amount in bank & deduct the TDS from Party in next bill.  As per Income Tax Act, I revise the my I Qtr TDS return or adjust in II Qtrn TDS return. Which date i mention for the date of Credit Bill date or payment date, or TDS Deposit date or date of which i deduct in next bill, which date i mention in TDS return and TDS certificate. Please advise.

Learning

3 Replies

SANJAY JOIL (LAW STUDENT)     27 August 2010

Please clarify, whether you are filing  etds  or tds  returns. Because if you are filing  etds (electronic media)  , you will have to use correction utility  to rectify the amount.  In case of  tds  (physically  not  through electronic media)

then also  mention the original date of payment and deduction. While filing etds  the  utility  won't accept the date beyond or earlier than that of quarter.

SANJAY MISHRA (Assistant Manager Accounts)     27 August 2010

Dear Sanjay Joshi,

I have filed the etds. but my query is that if i deduct the tds in august instead of may, i revise my etds return of ist qtr or adjust in 2nd qtr. date of payment mention in August which is actualy date of tds or May bill date.

SANJAY JOIL (LAW STUDENT)     28 August 2010

You can not show the tax transaction of May in the Month of August.  Now, you will have to file revised quarter 1 etds  through  correction utility.   Its very simple. In attached file, I have shown all the screens of  HOW TO FILE CORRECTION UTILITY.

THINGS TO BE REMEMBER

1.  USE THE SAME VERSION OF RPU  , YOU HAD USED TO FILE ETDS Q1

2.  SELECT   CORRECTION   NOT     REGULAR

3.  OPEN  THE .FVU  FILE  (SUBMITTED BY YOU)  THROUGH THIS UTILITY  

4.  DO NOT FORGET TO SELECT   UPDATION TAGS   ON    FORM PAGE  (NO. 1, CHALLAN DETAILS YOU YOU ARE ADDING CHALLAN ALSO,  IN ANNEXURE  1    SELECT  UPDATE OR ADD  TAGS AS PER YOUR NEED 

JUST GO THRU THIS FILE FIRST ... ALL THE BEST !

Attached File : 56 56 correction of etds.doc downloaded: 178 times

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register