Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SACHIN (B.E Graduate)     26 July 2014

Surname difference for passport-----plssss urgent help plsss

Sir,

My Name on D.O.B which i recently copmputerised has come with a mistake my surname on D.O.B is GANAKOTA.

When applying for passport in one of my supporting document the surname is GHANKOT (the correct spelling).

now i have registerd for an exam for which i have given my surname as GANAKOTA and i need passport cumpolsary for the exam .

I dont have time to change my name on D.O.B. Passport office says names do not match on documents.

My father says get an affidavit saying Ganakota and GHANKOT both are same.

Will it work?

plsssssssssss clear my query i will be very thankfull.

Learning

1 Replies

Krishna Raju (Professional)     26 July 2014

Hi,

I came across the same issue, there was a spell mistake in my wife passport, we approached the passport authority and requested for the correction, they issued new passport with corrected name, offcourse we paid passport fee again.

If you wrote  surname correctly in your passport application then you need pay fee for the correction.

If you wrote wrong spelling in your application then you have to pay for the correction.

Now a days passport services are improved, I think you can get it done within a week, as there is no police verification required for just correction.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register