LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rescue Hands (Account Manager)     17 September 2015

Step son rights on step mother property

We are 2 children, myself and my elder brother, our mother expired in 2006 and my father married another woman in 2007, my father expired in 2008, I was living with my step mother in her house, My step mother does not have any other children, she expired 2 years back, currently my step-mother's sister has tresspassed the house and using it, Am I and my brother eligible for the property shares ? Any suggestion or help is much appreciated.

Learning

5 Replies

K S Narayana Rao (District Registrar)     17 September 2015

Sir, To answer to your question the property belongs to whome to your father or to your mother whther it came by self acquired way or by inhertience please post the particulars about the right of the property

advocatepassy@gmail.com 971794 (Advocate)     17 September 2015

You have every right to inherit

adv.raghavan (Advocate,9444674980)     17 September 2015

If you are talking about your father property, and if he had died intestate, as Adv . Vinod passy said you have all the right to inherit and that lady can be booked for  trepassing.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     17 September 2015

Assuming that you are Hindu, and the property was in the name of stepmother then the firsdt right shasll be of the children born thru her womb and if she has not given birth otany children then you have the right to inherit.

If the father was owner and mother of father/wife are not alive then you shall inherit.

Rescue Hands (Account Manager)     17 September 2015

The property is my step mother's, Do myself and my brother still have the right on that property ?, It is an ancestral property.

Can I still book that lady for tresspassing ?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register