LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anil (software engineer)     16 July 2014

Share trasnfer of resale flat before society formation

Hi I purchased a resale flat in 2013. Have obtained NOC from Builder as society was not formed by that time. Builder had confirmed to HDFC that he will inform the society as and when formed about flat being mortgaged. Society was formed couple of months later. I have been following up with society to transfer the shares in my name since I have all documents prior to society formation. Society is debating that I need to pay INR 25000 since there is no evidence that I had requested the builder to include my name in share certificates during society formation. The society has first owners name on share certificates. Let me know what is correct process and do I need to pay any transfer charges regards Anil Please replay me to anil.jagdale@gmail.com

Learning

1 Replies

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     17 July 2014

Sir,

If the society was not formed when you purchased the flat how did the society get the reference of the initial purchaser, usually the builder gives the information of the initial flat purchasers at the time of formation of the society.

It is advisable for you to contact the builder in the matter and request him to make the necessary changes in his records and inform the society to amend likewise.

You already have the builder's NOC in the matter.

Good Luck

Kishor Mehta

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register