LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Jaffer Shariff   14 May 2020

Share % from grandmother's house

We are Muslim. My Grand mother has expired without writing any WILL for her House.  My grand mother has 4 children including my mother. ( 3 uncles + My mother). My mother also has expired. My mother has 3 children ( 1 elder married Brother, 1 elder unmarried disabled sister &  Myself (Married Male) . As per muslim's law,  Am i eligilbe to get my mother's share amount. Some people are saying , if Hindu means, as per Hindu law, I will get 1/12 share of total sale amount. Eg. If house sale amount is 65 Lakhs. I will get 5. 41 Lakhs..
But, As i am muslim, as per mulsim law, i will not get any share amount. Please clarify .

Please tell me, what is the tax amount, i have to pay. is it 10 % of money, i will get . or it will be added , as per tax slab. currently , my tax slab is 30% means, it will be added in that .

Read more at: https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/share-percentage-from-sale-of-ancestral-house-209867.asp

Learning

2 Replies

Muhammed yaseen   15 May 2020

Hi. I’m a law student as well as ulama from madarasa. For reply of your query, kindly you have to mention some more details about your grandmother. if her husband (your grandfather) were predeceased her he won’t get share if he deceased after he (your grandfather) will get 25% of total share. Then her children (Your Uncles and mother) will get 21.42% of total share for each male child (each of your uncles) and each female child (your mother) will get 10.71% of total share. if her husband (your grandfather) were predeceased her 28.57% of total share for each male child (each of your uncles) and each female child (your mother) will get 14.28% of total share. After getting of your mother’s share you will divide your share from her if her husband (your father) were predeceased her (your mother) he won’t get share from her if he is alive or deceased after her he will get 25% of your mother’s total share and her children (You and your siblings) will get 30% for each male child (for you and your elder bro) of your mother’s total share and female child (your sister) will get 15% of your mother’s total share. if her husband (your father) were predeceased her (your mother) he won’t get share and her children (You and your siblings) will get 40% for each male child (for you and your elder bro) of your mother’s total share and female child (your sister) will get 20% of your mother’s total share. For further details Reach out me at myaseenalbukhari@gmail.com Thank you.

KISHAN DUTT KALASKAR (Advocate)     15 May 2020

Please consult Chartered Accountant.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register