Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Prasanna Simha (Advocate)     17 April 2013

Settlement letter

Dear Learned Members,

My wife had some outstanding bill payment which was disputed and it was under consideration. Yesterday, I got a call from Airtel executive and he requested to make the payment of Rs.2500/- and the settlement letter would be provided thereafter within one hour. Based on the promise from his side, I gave the money to the colleciton agent for which i received a receipt and have taken copy of the ID card of the agent.

Till now i have not got the settlement letter and even after several follow-up the person says he has forwarded the same to my email id with a copy to my wife's id. I have sent a mail to them requesting for the settlement letter and there is no reply from them.

Please guide me now as to what would be the consequences and steps from my side to be taken to sort this out.

Please help me....!!!

Regards,

Prasanna Simha

Learning

3 Replies

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     17 April 2013

if the branch is nearby then visit it and then enquire about  the agent and wheater he paid that amount if not then give them a letter about the fraud by collection agent who collected with showing the id copy 

Kumar Doab (FIN)     17 April 2013

Visit the collection head, in local RO of Airtel, with written complaint.

In addition to docs as advised by Mr. Mahesh quote the phone number from which call was made.

In all probabilities no offer of settlement was obtained by collection/recovery agent and they have made a pass on you.

It shall be good if you can take a crowd of well wishers with you and obtain comments under company seal and signature of collection head/BM on copy of your complaint that “ FNF settlement amount of Rs…..has been collected by receipt no……….dated……….issued by agency M/s………..address……..thru agent Mr/Ms………..and nothing is pending and NOC shall be supplied with in dated……….by redg. post.

Kindly make it a point to deal in writing under acknowledgment and avoid emails/phone calls. This company is notorious.

Prasanna Simha (Advocate)     17 April 2013

Sir/s

I will go as per your suggestions. However, will i succeed if i approach consumer forum if at all if they dis agree with give me any communication in writing? What steps can i take to trap them as they are not responding to any of the mails? I guess even if they wont reply to any repeated appeal from my end, that sounds that they agree with the circumstance. I remember reading this somewhere.

Regards

Prasanna Simha

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register