Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

janardhana reddy kota (Senior Engineer)     30 March 2015

Service tax

Hi All

I have purchased  flat for 3100000  on 01/01/2012

I have done house warming ceremony on 05/02/2015 by clearing all dues to builder as per agreement of sale.

After house warming ceremony builder is demanding and threatning  for service tax which I  opposite to pay as it is builder liability to pay service tax. it is not mentioned any where as in agreement of sale,

In fact I asked builder to issue notice to me for service tzx but he said I can not do it.

After three days of house warming ceremony, he put another lock to my house with out nay intimation to me.

But I did not shift luggage to new house as have wood work is pending.

I want to break the lock and take possession by shifting some luggage.

Please suggest me how can i proceed in this case.

Regards

JK

Learning

1 Replies

Mukesh Bitra (Prop)     07 April 2015

ramachary64@gmail.com

Advocates & legal associates in Hyderabad 
[ Scorecard : 10189] Thank Contributor :  Send PM
Posted 2 years agoQuote Report Abuse

The Finance Bill 2010 has received presidential assent on 8th May 2010 and therefore a new chapter in taxing flat sale has started .In the definition of the taxable services of  ‘Construction of Complex service’ [section 65 (105) (zzzh)], and ‘Commercial or industrial construction service’ [section 65 (105) (zzq)] given in the Finance Act 1994 now  stipulates that construction of house (in any form – apartment / flat / row house / etc) by a builder in a complex is a “service”, and introduced the service tax of 10.3% on such a services .

There would be no levy of the service tax, if the entire amount for the property purchase is paid after the receipt of a completion certificate

The low-cost housing segment (property worth less than Rs. 20 lakh) will be totally exempt from service tax.

This tax would not be applicable to resale properties, as resale properties would essentially have obtained a completion certificate

Since, 75% of the amount charged by the builder is considered to be cost of land, materials,  you would pay 10.3% service tax only on 25% of the amount that you have paid.

Service tax will be applicable for only under-construction properties and not for completed units.

Special services provided by a builder etc. to the prospective buyers such as providing preferential location or external or internal development of complexes on extra charges [Section 65 (105) (zzzzu)] have also been brought as new service under service tax net.Service tax of 10.3% has also been levied on any payment made by you to the builder for getting a preferential location for your house / flat.

• Any amount paid for getting an apartment on a higher floor
  • Any amount paid to get a flat / house with a specific number
  • Any amount paid to get a flat / house facing a specific amenity, say a swimming pool, lake, park, sea, etc
  • Any amount paid to get an apartment / house facing a specific direction (maybe as per vaastu)

No service tax on amount paid for parking garage.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register