Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

S. Ismail (HR)     28 May 2015

Sale of father's property

Assalamwalaikum.

I am the only son of my father and have two sisters(an elder one and a younger one), both of them are married. Due to my elder brother-in-law's death in 1992, my elder sister started staying with us from 1995 and at that time I was unmarried. Within one year of my marriage in the year 1996, my mother requested me and my wife to get my younger sister to stay with us because of her in-laws problem, saying that she would leave the house within 3-4 months and will go to a rented house. Within 2 years of this my mother expired and I went to Gulf with my family in 2002, because my sisters were creating problems day by day. And I returned back to India in 2013.

And now its been 20 years, she is still in my house with my father supporting her and her husband all the time and neglecting me and my family. At this very moment, we siblings are staying in a G+3 building on 144 sq. yards with our respective families and my father expired on 11 March 2015.

My elder sister's son spent the cost of the building, laying structure, foundation, and roofs of 3 floors worth rupees 18 lakhs (elder sister staying in 1st floor), my younger sister spending 5 lakhs for her flat at 2nd floor, and my father spent 5 lakhs for my flat(3rd floor). I dint spend money in making of the building coz I knew that one or the other day my sisters would create troubles for me. The building was constucted in 2008-2009.

And now after my father's death, my younger sister, keeping all the property papers including permission papers and my father's death certificate also with her, is insisting to sale the whole building constructed on my father's land of 144 sq yards.

Now we are getting proposal of 85 lakhs for the sale of the building. My question is, "Acc. to Islamic shariah, son has to get a share equal to the share of two daughters. So will I be Islamically approved to get a half amount share in 85 lakhs as the building is stood up on my share of land and my sisters are using it since 1999."

What does the shariah says in sale of the property in my case and how should the amount be divided within us???

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register