LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Samir N (General Queries) (Business)     30 July 2021

Sale deed registered before seller registered his purchase

I am having a dispute about my boundary with my neighbor's plot.

I realized recently that, intentionally or unknowingly, he had purchased the plot from the original owner through an intermediary. 

His sale deed with the intermediary was registered in the year 2010.

However, the sale deed of the intermediary with the original owner was registered in 2012.

More importantly, the area demarkation paper (which is the basis of my dispute) in the 2012 Sale Deed was dated 2012 while other pages were signed in 2010.

Is the 2010 Sale Deed null and void as it was based on a Sale that had not occurred?

Were subsequent Deeds of Rectifications also null and void?

Learning

3 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     31 July 2021

Vague and confusing facts have been posted by you.

Show the subject documents to a local prudent lawyer for better appreciation and professional advise.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     31 July 2021

Members can not assume and pronounce judgment that certain sale deed is null and void etc, that must be pronounced by a court if a right person challenges at right time before a competent court.  The registered sale deed continues to be effective till it is canceled by a competent court.

P. Venu (Advocate)     01 August 2021

May be, you are having boundary dispute with your neighbour. Your focus ought to be in resolving the issue and safeguarding your property rights , not in raking up irrelevant non-issues.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register