LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

alexis (obscurespectre@operamail.com)     13 February 2011

Sale Deed not registered at sub-registrar office


My father had taken over a company in year 2000.  The company included two gala property at silvassa which i am trying to sell at the moment. He has passed away 3 years ago and is not around to shed light on the details.

I have obtained all required NOC (gram panchayat / labour department / society noc). Now they buyer points out that tho the stamp duty was paid at the time, on of the gala sale deed does not bear a Registratiuon serial number.

The conclusion is that the original owners of company who had bought the property from the builder in 1998, did not get one gala registered at the Sub-registrar office at Silvassa.

My current buyer says that in order to make a new sale deed, the original registration number needs to be mentioned necessarily.

I want to know if i can go ahead and sell the property or is there any legal provision, wherein i can register the property , now in 2011 ???


Please help.


 4 Replies

a.manoharan (Advocate 94431 45884 advocatemanoharan@gmail.com)     13 February 2011

Dear sir, i do n't know the meaning of gala. But,  as per TP Act , if the immovable property's value is more than Rs.100/= , it must be registered. If really registered, apply for Certified Copy. then u can come to know the particulars.

alexis (obscurespectre@operamail.com)     14 February 2011

Mr. Manoharan,

Thank you for the quick reply.

The property is certainly more that Rs. 100/- :)

The stamp duty on same was paid in 1998 but for some reason it was not registered at the sub-registrar office. My question is, can it be regitered now in 2011 ??



a.manoharan (Advocate 94431 45884 advocatemanoharan@gmail.com)     15 February 2011

dear sir, ambiguous question. you mean that the concerned document was not registered at the sub-registrar office ?  if so , the document must be registered within 4 month from the date of execution.  some times it is registered at the sub-registrar office by paying with fine . it may be different from state to state . but , in your case , it can be very diffficult due to long time time lapse.

bhagwat patil (Property due diligence 9422773303)     07 March 2011

just go for the deal as one can sale whatever he possess, you have one gala with registered document and another one just handover the possession and take the consideration.he may enter the name in other rights.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register