LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

house wife... (na)     07 February 2015

Rti of husband salary

i filed rti of my husband sallary acc to my advocate .bt govt office said acc to claouse 8 they cannt give personal information ..how could i know his salary.

and i filed residential proof  rti which was also nog given as wrong information is given..


 17 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     07 February 2015

Using his pan number u can get his salary details
1 Like

saravanan s (legal advisor)     07 February 2015

Cic had stated that wife has every right to know the slary of that husband in gov service under rti act
1 Like

Prasad (Systems Engineer)     07 February 2015


Hello House Wife, where can you file RTI to know whether you have right to live with your husband as a proud and happy wife?


Do you think you still have the right to live with him as his wife?


If you have it, then all his money is yours.


If not, why you want to use RTI to know his salary?


Earn for yourselves as a dignified woman.




2 Like

house wife... (na)     08 February 2015

thanks saravanan sir for ur valuable reply..

wife have every right to know huabands salary..

can u plz tell now how to use his pan number and what is cic plz explain..

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     08 February 2015

CPIO's word is not final.  He may not be aware of Central Information Commission.   You may file First Appeal to Add. Commissioner of Income tax immediately and inform him that even after CIC decisions that wife is not a third party while seeking information on salary of her husband , CPIO has deliberately denied information. (But the only condition is that you should have not legally separated as on date of RTI Application).  This is not absolutely a problem as your Advocate can also get the information through Court.  This is a simple issue in RTI and not a problem at all.

Under RTI, if husband is a salaried employee, you can seek such information direct from that Public Authority, as Salary is an item to be disclosed under voluntary disclosure by such Public Authority.

1 Like

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     08 February 2015

1 Like

house wife... (na)     08 February 2015

thanks sir......

house wife... (na)     08 February 2015

i m not separated from my husband sir...

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     08 February 2015

Please enclose the latest CIC decision to First Appellate Authority praying for directions to CPIO for providing all information .  (Open the link, get a screen  print and enclose the printed matter)

1 Like

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     08 February 2015

The latest ruling on the subject is that such information can be divulged to the wife about her husband and vice versa.  You are very well entitled to  gather the desired information through RTI, the central government has made sufficient amendment to this and the same has been effectively implemented.

1 Like

house wife... (na)     09 February 2015

thánks evry one for ur valuable reply

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     09 February 2015

Shri Kalaiselvan,



Can you please enlighten such amendment  as stated by you for the use of others ?

(May be such specific referancet helps the poster in her appeal)

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     09 February 2015

This is a hot topic of the CIC ruling just fur days ago and it was widely published and telecasted in almost all TV medias, please contact your like minded friends for reference. 

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     09 February 2015


There were never any amendments as misconceived and CIC has given a decision which can be taken as a precedent only. The particulars were provided in my earlier reply with links.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register