LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sudeep (clerk)     03 March 2012

Rights on land by grand children

I had purchased a piece of land. The mother deed of this land said, the person X is selling this land as he needs money for his personal reasons, kids education, etc. The deed also said, it is own land.

this was around 40 years ago. From then the property was sold to few people, a developer took this land and converted to layout. I brought one of for my self and holding it from few year.

Now all of sudden, we get notice from court from some xyz trying to claim rights on the land.

Questions :

can chidren of  X or grand children of X claim rights on the land now?

what is the best way to settle this out.?

The property was sold to 3 different people and all had availed bank loan for this.Even i availed bank loan and lawyer had verifed the papers.

I am not sure how to deal this issue. how much money will i have to shell out to settle this. how much time will it take. Please advise.

Learning

2 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     03 March 2012

When it is his self acquired property his sons or grand sons cannot claim any share.

sudeep (clerk)     03 March 2012

Thank you for your quick response. Is it must that we attend the court? As we have got notice to attend.  How many days will this drag?  It is unnecessary headache for us.

Please give some valuable tips so that we are out of this tension

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register