LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
The Indian Constitution Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Yuvraj (Student)     25 September 2011

Rent dispute

dear sir,

My tenant slammed me a civil suit on the pretex that I disturb his life when i ask him to vacate the  house.There was not any written agreement between us.Now after one year he vacate the house after receieving money as decided in panchayat of our locality.

I want to know if we can still sue him for accepting money for a unlawful activity meaning we have to pay him under pressure, we have sufficient evidence of him not paying us rent for last one year as he has agreed in his suit filed againt us.

thanking u.


 2 Replies




i think suit will be dismissed by rent controller judge if you did not take the rent last one year

and you have to show the sufficiant ground that you have need the suit property as you are going to marry your boys and any other sufficiant ground.

in this way tenant's suit will dismissed by the Hon'ble court and do't accept any money against the rent of suit property.




sanjay sharma



you can always fix him for the money he has taken... there is a purpose for taking money... for what... rent or vacating a place... in either of the act he will be liable for either house taken for rent or done encroachment... keep proof and panchayat notes... rent control act may not accept this case but the case can be put for encroachment and illegal possession of a house/land which does not belong to him...

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads


Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query