Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sivakumar (Consultant)     05 May 2014

Rent arrear collection

Respected lawyers

My tenant has not paid rent for me for 20months. I got eviction order from court and order to to pay the rental arrears. The tenant ran away from the house within the two month period given by the court to evict the premises. He has not paid maintenance, Electricity bill for 6 months and damaged the house that caused lot of repair work

Now without knowing the whereabouts of the tenant, how can I recover the arrears from the tenant?

Can I go to the consumer court to file petition for compensation from Government for failing to keep the law up to date that punishes the house owners from rogue tenants?

The tenant has done the same to previous house owner and ran away without paying rent for 28 months. Can the tenant be prosecuted under criminal law as he is violating the civil law.

The tenant is represented by the same lawyer for the previous house owner and for me. He may be knowing the whereabouts of the tenant or he may represent for him in his next case of similar nature.

Or should I convince myself that this is the law in India and curse myself for this has happend to me due to fate and continue business as usual.

Your feedback is highly appreciated.

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register