relinquishment deed regarding !

I have an immovable property situated in Jaipur. It is in the name of my deceased mother. My father also died and both left the property without any will. Me and my sister are the only legal heirs of this property. My sister is now a resident of U.S.A. .She wrote a Relinquishment Deed in my favor. The Jaipur Nagar Nigam ( falling under J.D.A) where the property docs and Death Certificates etc were submitted have now asked me to register the Relinquishment Deed to at the Registrar office whereas by now we have given Public Notice in the local news paper etc. The Nigam officials says that they can't validate the Deed unless it is signed / witnessed in the local Registrar's office . Some official have recommended me to call my sister down from U.S.A. to sign it before the registrar. Please offer your opinion in this regard.

You can get the same executes before Indian embassy and get the same notarized by a embessy officials .

Retired employee.

If she has delivered a POA let her attorney at Jaipur register the same on her behalf.  If not get a POA fresh exclusively for this purpose of registering relinquishment deed.  Also contact Sub registrar's office for the on line registering of documents by NRI through consulate.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



IPC Grand Course     |    x