LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

G S Sanjay (Program Manager)     05 April 2013

Rectification on schedule of property


I purchased a land a day ago and after the registration we realise the schedule of the property has an error.

East by and West by details are mentioned correctly, however the details that should have been mentioned under North by has been mentioned under South by and vice versa.

Will the Rectification deed suffice to counter this error? If not, please advise me how can we have it corrected?

Also, once the Rectification deed is made and signed by both the parties, how can I get it registered too?

Thanks and Regards

G S Sanjay

 5 Replies

Advocate Sastry (Advocate)     05 April 2013

Tell your document writer and he will get the mistake corrected..

1 Like

G S Sanjay (Program Manager)     05 April 2013

When you say writer do you mean the shop just outside the SRO who types these letters? I dont think they own this responsibility.

BTW, I have heard that the Rectification deed is made only for the typo errors. May I request you to please confirm if this is a good enough document to counter the error relating to Schedule of the property as well?

Also, can you please advise me the process to get the Rectification deed registered? also what would it cost?


Thanks and Regards

G S Sanjay

Advocate Sastry (Advocate)     05 April 2013

You say that the registration took place a day ago... Document writer means the broker who got the registration deed prepared and helped you in the process of registration... Please let me know the place of SRO where you got the document registered ?  The mistake mentioned by you relate to the direction of boundaries...   Please discuss with the Document Writer and let me know... If you have taken the assistance of any Advocate while getting the document registered he will also guide you in this matter. If necesary, they will help you to in preparing the rectification deed and registering it. I cannot tell you the cost since the stamp duty varies from State to State. 

G S Sanjay (Program Manager)     05 April 2013

Yes, the property was registered yesterday. The vendor whom I brought the property from himself prepared the documents for me. It was at Bannerghatt SRO in Karnataka.


Also, since the same error is reflecting on the EC as well, how to go about rectifying it?

Advocate Sastry (Advocate)     05 April 2013

Now you have come out with some relevant data... When the mistake is there in the EC also means that the original data in the SRO records was wronly fed... Ask your vendor to first get the SRO record rectified by submitting all related title deeds.. It is his responsibility...

I hope you must have taken legal opinion before purchase to verify the title of the vendor... If so ask the same advocate to get the rectification deed  prepared after SRO records are corrected by the vendor.. Otherwise tell the vendor to get your documents corrected through Rectification deed...

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query