LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Durgaprasadh (Software Engineer)     19 August 2014

Rectification of sale deed

I had bought a house in Coimbatore 6 years ago. The person I bought from was the first owner of the apartment. Now, I want to sell my property and the new buyer has noticed that the Builder's agreement states that the apartment is on the third floor while the sale deed (that I had registered with the first owner) states second floor. The apartment is actually situated on the third floor of the building. What are my options?

I had got in touch with the previous owner, but since he is residing in a different state, it is not feasible for him to come to Coimbatore to execute the rectification deed at the local registrar office.

Another person had suggested that I could get a Power of Attorney registered from the local registrar office where the previous owner currently resides and I could then use this PoA to make the rectification in Coimbatore. The cost approximately is estimated at around Rs. 15,000/- which is a lot for me considering that this is such a minor change.

Would also like to know what would be the approximate cost involved to register the rectification document if I can somehow convince the ex-owner to come down to Coimbatore?

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register