LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

K SUBBIAH (Software Engineer)     16 July 2009

Rectification deed for change in date of parent deed

I have bought a flat in Adambakkam on 4-Dec-2005. The parent deed was executed on 26.Jun.1976. In my sale deed this was mentioned wrongly as 30.Jun.1976.

Should I execute a rectification deed for changing this? If so, would I need to get the selling party also to registration office again? What would be fees and charges applicable for this rectification deed?

Thanks in advance for your prompt reply.



K. Subbiah


 3 Replies

Rashmi Desai (Advocate)     16 July 2009

Always better to get rectification deed executed to get correct data on record.

Yes it will be necessary to get  your  seller to the Registrar's office. In fact he will have to sign the rectification deed.

1 Like

N.Ramakrishnan (Advocate/ Senior Partner)     18 July 2009

Dear Mr.Subbiah,

Pls verify the date of registration of the document and if it is prior to 30th June 1976, then a rectification deed has to be necessarily executed. However, the parties to the rectification deed will have to be you Vendor and his Predecessor in title who sold him the property. If you are unable to get both the parties, you can get an affidavit and Indemnity Bond executed by you Vendor confirming the mistake and the same will partly serve your purpose.

Ramakrishnan, ADV   


Sandeep Kumar Shrivastava (Service)     17 August 2009

I agree Mr. N. Ramakrishnan.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register