Civil Procedure Code (CPC)

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

 5 Replies

Nagaraja B S (Corporate Commercial & IP Lawyer)     24 April 2011


Dear Rohit,

If you are remixing a song that you do not own the copyright of, do not distribute your song without permission from the owner. Serious actions may be taken by the artist, but they probably won't unless your song becomes extremely popular.

Feel free to contact me, if you need further details.



Trademark Attorney & IP Lawyer

IP Lex Global Services


Mob: 9902007635

Snigdha (advocate)     03 May 2011

Hi Rohit

Agreed with Mr. Nagraj... Be careful, before you take any step.

You are free to contact me at for further details:


Snigdha Sharma

ghanshyam hemdev (director)     04 May 2011

Version recordings are allowed under the indian copyright law and are classified as version recordings under section 52.look up the details as a payment of a small royalty is to be paid to the original IP owner and one more rule is to be followed-The original song should have been released to the public at least 2 calender years before.

HANSA KASHYAP (--)     17 May 2012

I am a specialist in MUSIC RIGHTS  from Tamil NaduIt is easy to get licence,and pay the rayalty to the original copyright owner. It wont be much. That will be safer for you. Best wishes.

mgancomi   13 August 2018

THANK YOU for this post

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query