LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ajay (ne)     27 February 2012

Ni 138

dear experts i made a case againts a person under 138 NI. the same accused was not present before the court any time, in between many summons and NBW has issued for the same.

After my complain to the Police (DGP) and home ministry , matter has been exelated. and i got news the police officer is arreasting to the person
and will present him before the court.

now i want to make objection in his bail process. what to do in the case???

he is master in duplicate documents, he  having more then 4 rasancard of diffrent diffrent distric. i have all evidance.

please guide me. he is harrasing me from last 10 years 

Learning

14 Replies

ajay (ne)     27 February 2012

Originally posted by :ajay
"
dear experts i made a case againts a person under 138 NI in 2001. the same accused was not present before the court any time in last 10 years , in between many summons and NBW has issued for the same.

After my complain to the Police (DGP) and home ministry , matter has been exelated. and i got news the police officer is arreasting to the person
and will present him before the court.

now i want to make objection in his bail process. what to do in the case???

he is master in duplicate documents, he  having more then 4 rasancard of diffrent diffrent distric. i have all evidance.

please guide me. he is harrasing me from last 10 years 

"

Kuldeep Gauniyal (Sr Manager - Legal)     27 February 2012

In meantime, you can file recovery Suit under Order 37 of the C.P.C. in addition to the ongoing proceedings u/s 138 of NI Act.  Under Section 138 you cannot recover the amount, it is only a punishment under criminal law. 

DEFENSE ADVOCATE.-firmaction@g (POWER OF DEFENSE IS IMMENSE )     28 February 2012

It is bailable offense , you can not oppose bail.

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     28 February 2012

You have no right to oppose bail in this. The court may impose tough consitions for releasing him on bail. that is it.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor
harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

p.sowrirajan (advocate)     28 February 2012

dear sir

as already stated by other advocates it is bailable in nature. but you can ask compensation.

the hon,ble majistrate has unfettered power to award compensation. please refer 347 sub section 3 of crpc.

if i am wrong please correct me.

regards

sowrirajan

Kuldeep Gauniyal (Sr Manager - Legal)     29 February 2012

It is a bailable offense at the first instance but if he evades the arrest warrant and does not seek bail, then it is a non-bailable.  You need to initiate recovery proceedings as well.

ajay (ne)     29 February 2012

thanks all... can file recovery suit even after 10 years ????? NI case is pending with court from 10 years...

Kuldeep Gauniyal (Sr Manager - Legal)     29 February 2012

Though the period for filing the recovery suit is within 3 years of cheque bouncing, but still you can file the suit supported by the application for condonation of delay u/s 5 of the Limitation Act stating the full reasons for delay.  The court may consider the suit.

savanth B S (Director)     29 February 2012

All the learned Advocateshave replied to you. But some times the Magistrate even orders for the payment in the criminal case itself. But that is just a chance, which you should be ready if not ordered by the court. It is not mandatory on the court that it has order recovery in the criminal proceedings,,

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     29 February 2012

Forget about civil case, it would have no legs to stand on now.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor
harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

R Trivedi (advocate.dma@gmail.com)     29 February 2012

Although it is the bailable offence, but since he has evaded the summons for last 10 years and he has not surrendered against NBW and is being brought to the court by police (has police arrested him or they are just telling you ??), then in all likelyhhod magistrate will deny the bail. Once the NBW is issued, it is no longer automatic that he would get the bail.

You also tell the court that he is not reliable and he will run away if let free again, this will atleast ensure some tough security and bail bond conditions.  

ajay (ne)     01 March 2012

thanks all...

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     03 March 2012

Mr Kuldeep,

In present case civil suit is not maintainable  as the period of limitation has already expired.Delay can be condoned by filing application u/s 5 of limitation act only in appeals and applications and not in civil suits.

Kuldeep Gauniyal (Sr Manager - Legal)     05 March 2012

Thanks Goyal Saheb.  You are right.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register