Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ashlesh Bhalerao (Assistant Manager)     04 February 2011

Patent Exams 2011

Dear Sir,\

I would like to register for the patent agent exam 2011 conducted by Ministry of Commerce and Industry (Govt. of India). Please guide me about the registration procedure. Where i will get all the relevant information?

Please reply me SOON.

regards,

Ashlesh

Learning

10 Replies

Sy.patents (Freelance)     04 February 2011

You are too late my dear friend. Exam was over last month. You will have to appear in 2012.

Ashlesh Bhalerao (Assistant Manager)     04 February 2011

Dear Sy, Thank you for your reply. Please could you guide me with patent agent examination as in how to enrol oneself for the exam, from where i can get the details of the course or the study material for the exam? Kindly let me know as i am not getting proper information regarding the same. Many Thanks, Regards, Ashlesh Bhalerao

Sy.patents (Freelance)     05 February 2011

Dear Ashlesh,

Notification usually comes couple of months before the scheduled date of examination. Assuming that next patent agent examination will be in Jan 2012, we can expect notification in Nov-Dec. You need to keep a track of this going to patent office website (www.ipindia.nic.in).

I replied earlier to a similar question. You may refer the following link. https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Re-patent-exam-preperation-28531.asp

The bottom line is you need to have sound knowledge of Patent Act and Rules, and patent drafting. It will be extremely useful if you directly study the act and rules for paper-I. There is also a book published by LexisNexis on patent agent examination. You can Google to find details.

Hope this helps. Feel free to contact me if you require any more details.

Ashlesh Bhalerao (Assistant Manager)     05 February 2011

Dear Sy,

Thank you again as the information provided by you is really helpful.

I have enquired about the PG Dip course in IPR which the Department of Law, Mumbai University provides. Will this course help to prepare myself for patent agent examination or atleast on the basis of this course will I be able to land with a better job in IP sector.

Regards,

Ashlesh Bhalerao

Sy.patents (Freelance)     06 February 2011

Dear Ashlesh,

I have no idea what your background is? If you have a strong technical background your best bet would be to become a patent agent or patent attorney. If you do not have technical background then other fields of IPR would be appropriate (Trademark, copyright etc).

If you are a beginner, PGDIPR would give you a flavour of the scope of IPRs. I doubt if this course can prepare one for patent agent examination……..may be to some extent!

VINEETA PRABHAKAR SALUNKE (5)     07 February 2011

Dear Sir,

Is it compulsory to have science background or engineering background in order to appear for Patent Exam.

Sy.patents (Freelance)     08 February 2011

Dear Vineeta,

Yes, it is compulsory to have science or engineering or any technical degree in order for you to appear for patent examination. Please refer Sec 126 of Indian Patent Act.

Pragati Inamdar (-)     09 February 2011

Hi Ashlesh,

In case of any inquires related to Patent examination Please contact IPO directly 

https://ipindia.nic.in/ipr/patent/patents.htm  you can also call them and take the details you will findd contact nos on the site I think 150 is Mr.Shinde's extension, Librarian and PR personnel, he should be able to help you with exact details.

In any case you will require two three months for preparation you may aim for this year end generally Patent agent exams are held in december 

Wish you luch for your preparation and exam.

Regards,

Jagruti 

Patent Agent (Director)     01 March 2011

Hello friends

For any guidance and clarification for patent agent exam, please write to patentagent2007@gmail.com

pulkit (none)     06 July 2011

hey sir my name is pulkit vij i m an bpharm graduate from du.. so i can give the patent attorney exam next year. so sir can u tell m  are their other courses related to it that can help me in this prospect & that will be going to happen in next few months.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register