Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rohit Khurana (Finance Executive)     11 May 2012

How to get divorce from cruel wife

SEEKING HELP !!!

I am rohit from delhi, got married in Feb 2012 to a girl from Kaithal (Haryana), its an arranged marriage, arranged by a common relative.  We already knew about the girl's father's nature that he is little rude, but we never knew he is that rude and stubborn that he can make our lives like hell.  He is not doing this alone, his daughter (my wife) and son are supporint him.  On each and every small thing, she keeps on fighting, gets angry and use bad words for my family.

She is living the best life here, in terms of clothes, foods, outings with me, shopping, personal care, everything, What ever she says I get for her, she is good now and very bad in another 1 hr, un-pridictable.  

She with the help of her father keeps torturing me, and if in anger sometimes i say something in return, she calls her brother and he starts giving me warnings.    Whenever she shouts at me, being in the same place, my brother and mother gets tensed which bother me a lot.  My mother is a diabitic and depression patient, My brother is already struggling with his business, I dont want to give them more botheration.  I have been suffering a lot, cant even concentrate on my work. (I have been working with one of the top software company from last 6 years).

What she wants is to sell our house and get seperated which I do not want.  I can never leave my parents in this condition and in this age, Also my brother worked hard and he compromised with his studies just because of family.  He started working in very early age because the only earning source (my father) met with road accident, lost his brain and got bed-ridden.  About my mother, she has also struggled a lot in her life, my father met with accident in 1994, it has been 18 years my mother is taking good care of her husband who is mentally in-balanced and bed ridden.  How can I leave my family like this.  And on the other hand, I am not even 1% sure that after leaving my family and getting seperated from them, she can be a good wife.  No chance.

She and her brothers / father has been a big pain in our lives.  I have read few articles in net about these kind of cases, I have well understood that the husband and his family will be the final culprits, and they have to pay compensate / penalties / maintainance.

Now kindly help me to know legally, what all shall we do to escape from her.  Oh I forgot to mention, these days she has started threatening us that she may do something to her if she doesnt get seperated from this house.  Please help me to know if we can file a divorce case against her cruelty.  What best can we do to get rid of her.  I just do not want to continue this relationship with her.

Kindly help.

Learning

15 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     11 May 2012

The reason for the differntiate between you and your wife is your father in law.  This problem can be sorted out thru., the help of the elders of your society.  You can also convince your wife properly.

rajiv_lodha (zz)     11 May 2012

Take help of elders & be realistic in ur approach, both of u.

Early marriage blues are very common. Do not let the situation go out of control. If need be remain separate for a couple of days n then approach each other afresh!

Rohit Khurana (Finance Executive)     12 May 2012

Thanks Rajeev Sir, We have tried a lot and still trying to convince her about the life she is living is the best she can ever have.  Still on the other hand, just trying to be on little safer side knowing the facts about these kind of cases from internet and also knowing the law in India for these kind of cases.  It will be very difficult to get out of danger if the situation attacks all of a sudden.

Thanks again for your inputs.

(Guest)

I have deep sympathies for Mr. Khurana, I would like to ask one doubt here with anticipation that our learned experts will reply to this:

As Mr. Khurana stated that his wife started threatening him and the family that she will do something which will harm her and the family of Mr. Khurana will be in soup. I wish to seek advice from our experts that if any lady is giving threats like this, can the family or the husband approach to police/court and file a complaint? What will happen if after filing this complaint, the girl or her family members file a case under 498a?

Kindly advice...

Nandha (NIL)     12 May 2012

@sukendu.. even i wanted to know this. My wife also threatened the same way and last week she left my home.

But after having read many answers of the experts in this forum, the girl will file 498a, if you file a police complaint against her or her family parents/ brothers.

@rohit... when a wife starts threatening, then in my personal opinion, she will never stick to your family. Getting rid of her is the best solution. Otherwise, you will never find peace in your life.

Regards,

nanda

rajiv_lodha (zz)     12 May 2012

Yes, she may file 498a in retaliation to ur complaint. A threatening wife+ a shrewed advocate is a lethal combination!

(Guest)

Yes- follow the instruction of experts. Don't take hard step this will destroy your matrimonial life.

Cool down- and sattel your fmatrimonial life.

Get help of your parents and relatives- those have a experience of life. this will help you to save your matrimonial life.

If  will take hard step- Its sure she will file 498A, 323, 504,506 IPC/ Dv act, Domestic violence act/maintenance cases against you and your family.

SURESH KALAGA (secretary)     16 May 2012

Dear Mr. Rohit,

Some remedies we can not publish.  I can give you a better remedy to relieve you from such terrific situation. (free of cost).  you can meet me on   sureshmgpl@gmail.com

surajkumar (mba)     19 May 2012

visit www.498a.org and touch with SIFF

krishan (Engineer)     19 May 2012

HELP!

I got marrige  last year march 2011 after my marrige my mother died Due to cancer. iam alone and living with two unmarried sister( my father also died when i was 13 year Old). After my mother died my in laws start interfaring in my personal life and my wife she is govt teacher in MCD delhi start fighting on little issues.  In january 14 /2012 god blessed me son as child.

On the eve of my son birh celebration my in-laws start figting with my sister Relatives and me on small issues.  My bother in law become so angry and bring the knife from khicthen  for kiling my sister and me. by the intervision of my neighbours and friends they My father in law and brither in law run away with along with my 20 days old son and my wife.

Now four month completed they never contacted us nor they reply to ur phone call. My wife is also not talking to me and never ask about how we are living.

Now i decied to braek my relation ( Divorced) with them also want my son back. They still not fill any case like 498a or any thing etc. or they not give divorce from there side . what should i do should i fill the divorce first or I sopil my life for wating to come back her.?? Or how should i protect my me my family if they case file in 498a!!!

Pls advice ??????? 

Ankit Kr Mishra (student)     19 May 2012

Please report the matter to teh local police to avoid any kind of application against you under 498A and also lokk up for Sec 13 of HMA, 1955 for solution.

Sandeep Naik (Advocate)     19 May 2012

My friend u may follow anybody's advoice . What do u want ? Dont get scared just because she has weapon of 498-A . If u really want to get seperated , just file petition for divorce on the ground of CRUELTY. At least u will have defence that u have filed a petitionn for divorce. Instead of dying everyday in the fear of 498 -A and sffer her injustice , better get rid of her. Be brave and then only u can live better life rather than staying in the hell of mental tension and harassment.

Adv. Sandeep Naik

Bombay HighCourt. Mob: 99670 56980

My friend u may follow anybody's advoice . What do u want ? Dont get scared just because she has weapon of 498-A . If u really want to get seperated , just file petition for divorce on the ground of CRUELTY. At least u will have defence that u have filed a petitionn for divorce. Instead of dying everyday in the fear of 498 -A and sffer her injustice , better get rid of her. Be brave and then only u can live better life rather than staying in the hell of mental tension and harassment.

Adv. Sandeep Naik

Adv. Sandeep Naik

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register