doctor and lawyer??

i am a doctor and have finished do i get the bar council membership?

Dear friend,

As a doctor you would have registered as a medical practitioner with the Medical council of India. Since you have completed LLB and wants to become a lawyer, you have to necessarily surrender your medical membership as Bar council of India rules does not permit the practice of dual professions.

In case you have decided to go for law practice, you have to approach the barcouncil of your residing state for enrollment as advocate.


rightly answered by my friend

advocate/legal consultant

yes ,youcant continue in both the professions as a friend had alrewady told council of india regulates the advocates proffession,if you have apassion for law you have to give up your medical practice in india then only you will be entitled to practise in the courts of law in india.

you need to surrender your indian medical council certificate  of medical practitioner to the bar council where you are supposed to enroll 


Hi, I have done my Master in Laws (IPR) from India and have moved to US on H4 (Spouse Visa). Can anybody guide me on what should i do to get the work permit? which courses except LL.M. I can opt for? Is there any other way to get the work permit without going for further studies in US, as the same is very costly?


Dear friend,

Mr. krishanan has answered it properly. No more answer is necessary for the present query.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
CrPC Course!     |    x