LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

K.Venkateswara Rao (ADVOCATE)     25 March 2011

copies of cd recordings in crimianl trial

In a criminal trial the prosecution had recorded the voices of the accused and the complainant and it was marked as MO-1 AND MO-2 can we get the same copy of the CD if yes under what provision and is there any suitable citation or guide lines of the courts if yes pls post the same, my advance thanks for the same.

Learning

4 Replies

Vikas Nagwan (Legal Consultant)     26 March 2011

it is the duty of the prosecution to hand over the copy the case documents and evidences except the ones which cannot be copied.. it includes the evidentiary docs (letters,email transactions etc), statements of the witnesses, copy of fir etc........in this case just ask the conecrned Magistrate and he'll order the prosecution to provide you the copy of the said recording it's as simple as that...

1 Like

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     26 March 2011

Do as Vikas told and file an application to supply the same.

1 Like

K.Venkateswara Rao (ADVOCATE)     28 March 2011

The casse is before the District Judge and I have filed the application but the judge wants reference for the supply of the copies and he wants more clarification and any citations regarding the supply of copies my thanks to Vikas and Rajeev pls suggest any citations or guidelines about the supply of copies od C'DS

Sarvesh Kumar Sharma Advocate (Advocacy)     28 March 2011

if district judge is not helping in the direction of justice,then you can move to high court .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register