LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kanchan   08 January 2017

Property transfer to the blood relation in pune, maharashtra

My Mom has property(open land) in her name nearby lohgav, pune. At the time of purchase, I(son) have paid the money for this property. Now we wants to transfer the property to my(son) name. Mom dont have any objection.

Property purchased in 2011 at 8.5 Lac. Current value is 15 Lacs.

My queries are as below. 
1) What is the best option to do this.
2) How much money will it cost it.
3) Any income tax application for me or my mom

Thanks in Advance!


 7 Replies

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     09 January 2017

Madam, The best option for you is a registered gift deed in your favor. The stamp duty will be Rs.500/- and minimum registration charges, as per the latest Maharashtra Government circular. Good luck, Kishor Mehta
1 Like

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     09 January 2017

Get the drafting done by an expert incorporating the fact that it is your money, it is being gifted out of love and affection as she was looked after by you and ensure that you too have a right, as nothing can be said on our children in future.

1 Like

Kumar Doab (FIN)     09 January 2017

It is believed that as per your query your mother is Naani of your son.

Refer to the circular suggested by Mr. Kishore Mehta.

The charges for gift amongst blood relation listed by the state govt are negligible.

You may also consider the practical and valauable suggestion of Mr. G.L.N. Prasad.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     09 January 2017

If you are a Public servant, and not accounted such income or Income Tax assesse reconsider my suggestion of stating that it is your money.  All suggestions are given in General, and one has to apply whether there are any other problems or repurcussions in following a suggestion.  Never Act blindly as you have to consider pros and cons.  Remember members can only suggest, without knowing full facts, consideering the query alone and it is you  that has take final decision depending on other facts only known to you..

Kumar Doab (FIN)     09 January 2017

Agreed with Mr. G.L.N. Prasad.

In threads at various Forums like LCI; the members/experts post per limited understanding that is possible from limited information in query/posts.


The online discussions have their own limitations.


The querists should preferably consult their own elders in the family,competent and experienced well wishers, and their own counsels at their own locations and become properly informed before taking qualified decisions.


The ones that would like to be Party In Person for their matters may also go thru text books, information available thru internet.



2 Like

S S Dahale (agri-profess.)     12 January 2017

 In maharashtra, govt had introduced a scheme , by which a person  holding open land property , can pass on to very dera realtive ( like in this case - to a grand son) on Rs.100/- notarised document of -RELINQUISHMENT DEED  without any realisation

Kumar Doab (FIN)     12 January 2017

Mr. S S Dahale, has shared another prespective.

Input on validity of Notarized Relinquishment deed may pls be shared. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register