property tax for flat without occupation certificate

Can we pay Property tax for flat, Without Occupation Certificate for Apartment?

Thank you,
Purushottam M
Retired employee.

Without giving an occupancy certificate in the name of the owner, how property tax can be paid in the name of the owner?  However, if the property tax is levied for the entire building and if a tax is demanded from earlier owner or builder by Municipality, you can pay your share of tax and obtain such receipt from the builder.


Thank you for the reply to my post sir...I would like to give brief of the actual issue... I own a flat in one of the gated community in Hyderabad. The builder has delayed and was handed over after big stiff with builder, now GHMC municipal corporation tax officer came in December 2018 and briefed us about the tax structure for individual flats in the community...The community does not have OC from GHMC, now should we pay taxes for 18-19 or should we wait for GHMC to send or the builder gets the OC for the community.

please suggest...
Retired employee.

My suggestion is go with others.  Let there be a meeting with all flat owners who occupied and who have not taken possession, contact local advocate and go for his suggestion.  The secretary should write a notice to MC stating that the tax collected from all residents was with the association account and they are prepared to pay the amount if OC is provided.  Depending on MC response, you may go for filing a consumer complaint before District Forum for recovery of tax, interest or rent for delayed period and for harassment as per legal advice.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



IPC Grand Course     |    x