LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

John Francis   31 August 2022

Property self earned

My father had a illegitimate relationship with a Hindu Woman. We are Christians. He has 2 children. He married her in registered marriage. His children are grown up now and they are married and they have children.

He has a House, A Complex. The house is in my name which is what he has written. The Complex is in his name and I remember that he wrote a WILL 10 years back on my name but that could have changed. Is there a way to 

1. Find out a Will is there?

2. What will happen to that Complex if he has not written a will or he has changed it?

3. What will happen if the Will is still in my name and whether those kids from his other woman can claim?

4. Can their children claim?

Thanks and appreciate a lot. We children have to go through all these sufferings because of a parent not being proper. What to do in this world. This is life.

Learning

1 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     01 September 2022

Children born out of live-in relationship (which is stated to have been registered marriage) have equal right in the property of your father despite the fact the marriage is illegal.

During life time of testator ( the executing person of will) it is a piece of waste paper and worthless.

Consult a local prudent lawyer for better appreciation of facts and professional advise.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register