LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dhananjay   23 August 2016

Property distribution


My father purchased  2 acres of land on my name when I was 15 years old. He has other 4 acres in his name which he got it through his father. I have 3 younger brothers. all are married and settled with their kids.

The property has not been divided and my father has not written any will. Now my parents are living with me. I need to know whether my brothers or their children have any right to claim on 2 acres of land which is in my name. Also let me know how to secure this 2 acre of land in my name. 

Thank you.


 3 Replies

Amandeep singh   23 August 2016

Yes they have right to claim shares in 2 acres. But if it's purely gift deed for u by urs father property earned by him only then they can't claim.

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     23 August 2016

No,your brothers and their children can't claim any share in the land 2 acres,even your father also can't claim since the property is Benami and after enforcement of Benami Transaction Act 1988,ownership of land vests to you.

Mohd Adman (Real Estate)     24 August 2016

Section 143 or Mutation 


     If any property is converted in the residential land act section 143.  After converting the land use can mutation done of said property?


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register