Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mr X (Proprietor)     20 May 2017

Precautions to avoid alimony in second marriage

Hello Experts,

I am a divorced 31 year old male. During the divorce, my then wife had demanded an alimony. It was settled out of court and the divorce is now granted and decree is also received by me. My then wife was caught with illicit relations with 6 other men and hence we opted for divorce then.

Now after 2 years of divorce, I plan to setle down again. However, I am worried if at all things do not work for me even this time, how can I protect myself from Alimony or Maintenance charges prior to getting married.

Is there any legal document available in our constitution where in to-be married bride and groom sign on it stating conditions if the to-be marriage would get dissolved at a future date.

Or any other suggesstions are also welcome. 

I understand Marriage is matter of trust, but these days arrange marraige has become a nightmare and in the end innocent people like us who commit to a relation in the name of trust, end up becoming the victim.

Learning

12 Replies

I completely get how you have interpreted my question. I wish you would've understood the real intend behind it.

Anyways, thats a pretty practical and straight advice. Thank you very much appreciate it. 

In terms of doing something worthwhile, I am already supporting a lot cancer patients in my own way, as I myself being a cancer survivor. I am a professional earning good enough to take care of myself and my aging parents.

My life is pretty good and is at its best. Hence i wish to re-marry and make her a part of all the best that I am enjoying currently and help her achieve all the best that she have been wishing for all her life. 

Sachin (N.A)     20 May 2017

Originally posted by : Mr X
Hello Experts,

I am a divorced 31 year old male. During the divorce, my then wife had demanded an alimony. It was settled out of court and the divorce is now granted and decree is also received by me. My then wife was caught with illicit relations with 6 other men and hence we opted for divorce then.

Now after 2 years of divorce, I plan to setle down again. However, I am worried if at all things do not work for me even this time, how can I protect myself from Alimony or Maintenance charges prior to getting married.

Is there any legal document available in our constitution where in to-be married bride and groom sign on it stating conditions if the to-be marriage would get dissolved at a future date.

Or any other suggesstions are also welcome. 

I understand Marriage is matter of trust, but these days arrange marraige has become a nightmare and in the end innocent people like us who commit to a relation in the name of trust, end up becoming the victim.

Its simple marry a working lady. Have her employment detalis of both working before marriage and after marriage. 

If this is not possible open a small business ( business having less investment) in her name. And always file ITR on her name.

1 Like

Thats a pretty neat advice.

Getting both employment details is not an issue. However how can i use those information to protect myself.

In my first marraige also, the lady was working before and after marriage. I still had to pay her.

Thats a pretty neat advice.

Getting both employment details is not an issue. However how can i use those information to protect myself.

In my first marraige also, the lady was working before and after marriage. I still had to pay her.

You paid because you wanted to settle dispute as soon as possible because you wanted to remarry, But as per law woking women is not entitled to get maintenance / alimony.

One thing i forget to suggest, if possible do court marriage it will help you to avoid 406 IPC in case of any dispute and never take any  money from your in laws through banking transiction even after marriage else it will attract Dowry Probition Act in case of dispute,

1 Like

Yes bingo. you hit the correct chord. I did settle cos I wanted to settle the dispute asap. I did not really had any thots of re-marriage back then.

And yes my re-marriage would certianly be a court marriage.There is no question of taking any money from her or her family for anything. It has never happened even my first marraige.

Anyways, thank you Advocate Sachin, your advice has been a real help to me. I shall give my deep thoughts on your suggestions.

Will try and get in touch with you and meet up personally if there shall be a need. I would be more than happy to pay your consultation and appointment charges. 

Thank you once again.

Yes bingo. you hit the correct chord. I did settle cos I wanted to settle the dispute asap. I did not really had any thots of re-marriage back then.

And yes my re-marriage would certianly be a court marriage.There is no question of taking any money from her or her family for anything. It has never happened even my first marraige.

Anyways, thank you Advocate Sachin, your advice has been a real help to me. I shall give my deep thoughts on your suggestions.

Will try and get in touch with you and meet up personally if there shall be a need. I would be more than happy to pay your consultation and appointment charges. 

Thank you once again.

I am not an advocate, I only help people who are trapped in these gender baised law.

1 Like

Thank you very much again :) God bless.

(Guest)

2 very good options for people like you.

Get aids. pr Keep deposit in name of wife in advance so that she wont ask alimony later on.

Born Fighter (xxx)     20 May 2017

1. Hire a detective and do pre-marital check on future spouse
  2. MOST IMP - Do Personalityl assessment test of you and your future spouse to check compatibility.
  3. Marriage counselling......its a MUST these days
  4. Avoid getting married to a Girl who has history of court cases especially DV/498A/ Defamation etc in her family. Such people lose their patience at drop of the hat and well versed with law and its loop holes ( This information will be provided by detective)
  5. Get married to Girl known in your family circle
  6. Prefer marriage to a widow or an orphan-girl. Do good you will get good in return
  7. Don't get married...seriously ....its that simpe

Most  the above points are applicable to both men and women.

Be Positive. Marriage is a give and take that requires lots of patience and adjustments.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     21 May 2017

It is believed that you are Hindu.

Marriage is not a contract.

Prove adultery.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     21 May 2017

Prove the spouse was leading a continuous adulterous life.

Martin Sooji (Advocate)     21 May 2017

Originally posted by : Kumar Doab
Prove the spouse was leading a continuous adulterous life.

How do you intend to prove adultery?

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register