LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ramesh (-)     01 February 2010

Power of Attorney / Principal

Dear All, I have few questions regarding POA. If I execute a General POA in favour of a person, without any monetary consideration, for a specific property, do I have a right (as a PRINCIPAL) to sell the property to someone without informing the agent or revoking the POA? Follow-up question: If the Power agent gets into a sale agreement without my knowledge, in the meantime, if I execute and register a sale deed to another person for the same property(with the powers of being a PRINCIPAL), who is the legal owner of the property. I would appreciate your quick clarifications. Thanks to the forum.

Learning

4 Replies

(Guest)

A revocation notice to your agent is must before executing a Sale Deed by the principal, otherwise if the power Agent enters into a sale agreement with a third party, a third party's right/interest is created and it may lead to legal impediment for the buyers either of your sale deed or the agent's sale deed.

2 Like

G. ARAVINTHAN (Legal Consultant / Solicitor)     14 July 2010

you can sell the property without the knowledge of the Agent

K. GOPALAKRISHNAN (ADVOCATE)     09 April 2012

Dear Ramesh,

As said by Guru narayana Rao, you can sell your own property after revoking the power you given to your POA by serving a notice intimating about his revocation.

Gopal

cyberlawyer (barrister)     04 August 2013

Somewhere i read that the principal and the agent can act concurrently with respect to the property. But dont know the extent of applicability of this rule. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register