LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

tulika kamat (engineer)     31 July 2012

Power of attorney

My wife ran away from matrimonial home and was staying seperately. As she is working she had gone to Denmark for 2-3 years. i had filled divorce case in india against her. My wife submitted power of attorney in court that her brother will fight this case on behalf of her.

As a petiotioner i want she should only appear in court during unconsent divorce proceedings as the problem occured between us is known by both of us only and his brother dont know anything. He knows only what my wife informed me i.e., only one side so can i challenge her power of attorney as i am a petitioner in this case and ask the court to make her present during the proceedings? suppose first if i agree that his brother will fight from her side but later i found her brother not giving proper reply as he is not aware waht happend so can i file petion for challenge of power of attorney? how many times i can challenge her power of attorney?

Learning

1 Replies

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     31 July 2012

1. In FC ask for sending matter for Conciliation proceedings and seek order from concerned Court for compulsorily presence of respondent / wife on the date.
2. FC has power to make physical presence of respondent / wife a must during Conciliation.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register