LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SANKARAN.G. (supdt.)     09 August 2012

Police compliant for the accident in the premises of port

My Colleague's relative, Port Trust Driver  while driving the jeep hit the  gate accidentally  and caused a very minor accident to the CISF poistioned in the gate, fell down  and could not get up.  Immediately people came to rescue him and he was sent in an ambulance  to the Hopsital.  There was no bleeding in the head or anywhere.  Later a report was generated that he was admitted in the Hospital with bleeding.  Commandnet of CISF immediately filed a FIR  with the local police authorities and simaltenaoulsy he has ordered a departmental inquriy  and called the Driver of Port Trust to the inquiry.  My question is whether the CISF can directly file FIR without informing or taking the permission of the Port Trust Administration who is over all incharge of the Port Trust and this has happened in the premises.  Is it require to constitue immediately a Departmental inquiry when it  is a accident without any motive.  Whether all such icidents are inquired?  This I put up before the forum to judge and analyse and advice.

Learning

1 Replies

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     20 August 2012

My question is whether the CISF can directly file FIR without informing or taking the permission of the Port Trust Administration who is over all incharge of the Port Trust and this has happened in the premises.  

Ans : Yes it can be filed.

Is it require to constitue immediately a Departmental inquiry when it  is a accident without any motive.  

Ans :Anyway it is a miscondut of professional negligence.  Port Trust must inquiry.

I dooubt whether commandant of CISF cal call Port trust deriver for Inqiury.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register