Petition in high court for registering a fir and investigati


I am falsely accused in a case for demanding dowry at the time of wedding.  As you can imagine, Police without any investigation arrested me and my parents. Now girl and her parents are demanding astronomical amount of money. I have been trying to file a complaint against them for this fraud, conspiracy and attempted extortion. I approached to police but so far they have refused to file a FIR. I have even gone to extent of providing evidence in this matter. I know I can approach local court and request an order under Cr. PC 156(3). But I'm sure even if Police files a FIR no further action will be taken on it.

I am considering approaching high court requesting an order of both filing FIR and also ordering police to do investigation. I was wondering if this can be done? If it is, under what section a Petition can be filed in high court?

Thanks for your help.



Lawyer in Hyderabad.wats app no.9989324294

You can follow recent Supreme Court order to the police department that Family members of a man should not be implicated in a dowry case just because their names have been mentioned in the complaint without any specific allegation levelled against them,


Sorry if my question wasn't clear. I'm trying to file an FIR with police for conspiracy, blackmailing, extortion etc against girl and her family. I have sufficient evidence to prove my case. Unfortunately even after receiving  complaint the police hasn't filed an FIR.

Instead of going to CJM, I would like to approach high court and ask for an FIR and further legal proceedings in reference to my complaint. My question  under what section can someone approach high court for such action?

Thanks again!


you can file a petition to high court under section 482 of crpc .




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Forensics & Evidence     |    x