Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Eternity   15 February 2016

Personal loan -call letter

Hello LCI,

I have taken a personal loan from HDFC bank in 2009 and paid almost all the EMIs but left with few and could not pay due to job deployment and then retiring of family and then marriage & family pressure .. I have recently received a letter from the Delhi government mediation and counselling centre to join the same on 22rd feb'16 with HDFC bank. I am in abroad and cannot go there to attend. What are the complications and demerits if i fail to attend and any other solution i may have ? Should i engage the lawyer for this ?

Please suggest   ?

Learning

1 Replies

anshula (a)     15 February 2016

Hi,

From what you have mentioned, it appears that HDFC must have approached the banking ombudsman for default in repayment of loan. You should appear in person for the mediation proceeding which must be for settling the matter by repayment of your dues. However, since you are abroad, you should engage a lawyer for appearing otherwise action will be taken against you on failure to mediate. It is important to see the notice you have received to understand the case properly. You can mail the notice at anshula.grover@gmail.com. 

Advocate Anshula Grover

New Delhi

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register